Family history, genealogy and local history links for the county of Hertfordshire in England. Including BMDs, parish records, burials and military.
- Hertfordshire Archives
In the Local Studies Library, visitors can see printed and published materials. These include books and pamphlets, newspapers and periodicals, parish registers on microfilm, directories, theses, maps, photographs, a range of CD-ROMS and access the internet. You can use ancestry.com for free in all Hertfordshire libraries.
- Hertfordshire Names Online
Hertfordshire Names Online is a searchable county-wide index covering the archives catalogue and databases, including marriages, apprenticeships, wills, the poor, tithe awards, newspapers and much more.
Births, Marriages & Deaths
- Hertfordshire Fatalities 1827-1933
- Hertfordshire Marriages 1538-1922
- Hertfordshire Parish Records
Baptisms, marriages and burials from the 1500s to the 1900s.
- Non Conformist Registers 1658-1966
- UK Census 1841-1921
Search the census for the whole county at once. Plus the 1939 Register, which is a great census substitute as the 1931 census was lost and the next available census will only be available to view in 2042.
Criminals and Convicts
- Electoral Registers 1832-1932
Search over 5 million records for Hertfordshire.
- Domesday Book Hertfordshire
- Genealogy in Hertfordshire
A treasure trove of information and data with about 10,000 pages or pictures about Hertfordshire and its people.
- Genuki Hertfordshire
- Hertford History
- Herts Memories
Herts Memories is where you can share and enjoy photos, memories and historical research on Hertfordshire.
- Place-Names of Hertfordshire
Find out the etymology of the local towns and villages.
Medical and Hospital Records
- British Newspaper Collection 1710-1953
Search the Herts Advertiser, Watford Observer, Herts Mercury and Reformer, and many more.
- School Admission Registers 1870-1914
Search nearly 500,000 records to find out where your ancestor went to school, their parents’ names and father’s occupation.
- Schools & Education in Hertfordshire
Societies and Groups
- Hertfordshire Family History Society
The Hertfordshire Family History Society was founded in 1977 and is a member of the Federation of Family History Societies and also a registered charity with a brief to educate and inform the public about genealogy with its focus on the county of Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom.
- Hertfordshire Record Society
- Hertfordshire WWI Memorials
- Hertfordshire WW2 Memorials
- Hertford War Memorial
- Roll of Honour Hertfordshire