Trace your Nottinghamshire ancestors from the 1500s onwards with this list of family history, genealogy and local history links and resources.
Births, Marriages & Deaths
Burials & Cemeteries
- Beeston St. John the Baptist Burials
- Billion Graves
- Carlton, Gedling & Redhill Burials
- Nottingham Church (Rock) Cemetery St. Ann’s Valley Index
- Nottinghamshire Burials (Interment)
- Plumtree Church Burials
- Census 1841-1921
Search the census records from 1841-1921, plus the 1939 Register all at once.
Has a good, but not complete, selection of free records to search and view.
Criminals and Convicts
- Hodsons Nottingham Directory 1814
- Nottinghamshire Historical Directories
- Pigot’s Nottinghamshire Directory 1830
- Bygone Nottinghamshire Book
- Domesday Book Nottinghamshire
- Genuki Nottinghamshire
- Nottinghamshire History
Nottinghamshire History provides local historians and genealogists with a wealth of material on all aspects of the county’s history and acts as a gateway to other useful online resources.
- Old Nottinghamshire
Old Nottinghamshire has some church photos, parish histories, directories and some gravestone information.
- Our Mansfield
- The Great Houses of Nottinghamshire
Medical and Hospital Records
- Nottingham General Hospital 1881 Census
- Nottingham Hostpitals History
- Nottingham Lunatic Asylum 1881
- 45th Foot Nottinghamshire Records
- British Military Records
- Kirby War Memorial
- Nottinghamshire WW1 Roll of Honour
Photos and Postcards
- Inspire Picture Archive
A unique resource of over 30,000 historical images of Nottinghamshire including bygone shops, favourite places to visit, historic sites and events.
- Old Photos of Nottingham
Poor Law Records
- Memories of Cottesmore School 1951-55
- School Admission Registers 1870-1914
- School Teachers in Nottingham 1813-1900
Societies and Groups
- Nottinghamshire Family History Society
The Nottinghamshire Family History Society exists to bring together all who are interested in family history research, to help in the preservation and indexing of local genealogical records, and in the copying and publishing of such records.