Births, Marriages and Deaths
The Historical Society of PA has over 4.4 million records available online including births, baptisms, marriages, deaths, burials and more. The records cover the late 1600s to the mid-1900s.
- Pennsylvania Birth Indices
PDFs of birth records for the years 1906-1914.
- Pennsylvania Death Indices
Quite large PDFs of deaths from 1920-1924 and 1930-1951.
- Pennsylvania Church and Town Records 1669-2013
A large collection of records containing vitals (birth, marriage, death) from churches and towns.
- Cemeteries in Pennsylvania
Burial records on Find a Grave from 67 counties.
Has thousands of cemetery records for many Pennsylvania counties.
- Pennsylvania Cemetery & Burials
Search over 276,000 burial records.
- Tombstone Inscriptions
Lots of cemetery records for Allegheny County, Washington County, Westmoreland County and a few others.
Crime and Punishment
- Pennsylvania Prison Records
Various records and registers from Allegheny County Workhouse, Eastern State Penitentiary, Pennsylvania Industrial Reformatory (Huntingdon) and Western State Penitentiary.
- Morrisville, PA
A business directory from 1919
- Pittsburgh Blue Book 1920
Containing the prominent families, suburban districts and businesses.
- Sharon City Directory 1919
A general directory of citizens, businesses and officials. Also includes Farrell, Sharpsville and Wheatland.
- Armstrong County: Her People, Past and Present
A genealogical and biographical record and a history of the county in two volumes.
- Jefferson County
A history of its pioneers and people from 1800 to 1915.
- Lebanon County
Biographical information of the prominent citizens and early settled families.
- Schuylkill County
Genealogy, family history and biography containing historical sketches of old families and prominent citizens.
Land and Tax
- Northampton & Northumberland County Tax Lists 1772-1787
Lists of names and how much tax they paid. Organized by township.
Military Records and History
- Martial Deeds of Pennsylvania
A book printed in 1875 that contains accounts of battles, biographies and much more.
- Pennsylvania Civil War Veterans Card File 1861-1866
Find information about your ancestor’s service during the civil war including rank, regiment and dates of service.
- PA Civil War Databases
Pennsylvania Civil War regimental rosters, regimental histories, POW lists, and regimental losses.
- Pennsylvania WWI Service Medal Card Indexes
An alphabetical list of surnames which link to the original documents online.
- Revolutionary War Pension Records
An index created from different sources.
- A Census of Pensioners 1841
Revolutionary or military services with their names, ages, and places of residence.
- Washington County Muster Rolls
Relating to the associators and militia. Covers the later 1700s.
- Bench and Bar of Pennsylvania: Two volumes of information and biographies
- Register Of Mine Accidents
Over 152,000 records of mining accidents with vital information about the incident and if it was fatal.
School and University Records
- University of Pennsylvania 1875-76
A catalogue of students, trustees and officers. Also entrance requirements and fees.
- University of Pennsylvania Medical Department 1765-1877
An index of graduates, their residence and subject. Students listed from around the U.S.
- Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
The society has a membership option with access to some databases. Also online events, help and advice.
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania
The society has some collections, research guides, workshops and courses relating to genealogy and family history.
- The Pennsylvania German Society
Devoted to the study of the Pennsylvania German people and their 325+ year history in America.
- Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society
The society has a members area, surname research, events, free webinars, book store and more.