Find your Lincolnshire ancestors and relatives with this list of links and resources to family history, genealogy and local history records.
- Lincolnshire Archives
See what records are available and plan your visit to the archives.
- North East Lincolnshire Archives
North East Lincolnshire Archives has more than 2 kilometres of shelving filled with 12,000 boxes of original documents dating from the 13th century to the present. These documents contain information about most places in the area, and cover a wide range of subjects.
The Archives may be able to help you if you are interested in: your family history, village history, house history, school, the people of North and North East Lincolnshire school, graduate or post-graduate study, legal rights and titles.
BMDs & Parish Records
- Births, Marriages and Deaths
Search the entire collection of Lincolnshire civil records from 1837-2006.
- Lincolnshire Marriages
The following Lincolnshire marriages can be downloaded in .xml (Excel) format.
- Boston 1837-1911
- Bourne 1837-1911
- Caistor 1837-1911
- Gainsborough 1837-1911
- Glanford Brigg 1837-1870
- Grantham 1837-1870
- Holbeach 1837-1870
- Horncastle 1837-1911
- Lincoln (City) 1837-1870
- Lincoln (Rural) 1837-1911
- Louth 1837-1911
- Newark 1837-1911
- Peterborough 1837-1870
- Sleaford 1837-1911
- Spalding 1837-1870
- Spilsby 1837-1911
- Stamford 1837-1911
- Lincolnshire Parish Records
Burials & Cemeteries
- North Lincs Gravestone Photos
- Lincolnshire Cemetery Records
- Lincolnshire Gravestone Photos
- Lincolnshire Monumental Inscriptions
- Census 1841-1921
Search the census records from 1841-1921, plus the 1939 Register all at once.
Has a good, but not complete, selection of free records to search and view.
Criminals and Convicts
- Criminal Ancestor Records
- Lincolnshire Convicts Database
Search and view convict and victim records from the Lincolnshire convict database. Search by name, crime, ship, court or destination.
Directories give you important information about your ancestors location and occupation in a particular year.
- Gazetter & Directory 1872
- Kelly’s Directory 1885
- Kelly’s Directory 1909
- Lincolnshire Historical Directories
Many directories from different years available.
- Gainsborough Directory 1864
- Bygone Lincolnshire
- Domesday Book Lincolnshire
- Genuki Lincolnshire
- Highways & Byways in Lincolnshire
- Memorials of Old Lincolnshire
- British Military Records
- Lincolnshire RAF History
- History of the Lincolnshire Regiment 1914-1918
- Lincolnshire Regiment
- Lincolnshire Roll of Honour
- Lincolnshire War Graves
- British Newspaper Collection 1710-1953
Search millions of articles from the Lincolnshire Chronicle, Stamford Mercury, Boston Guardian and many others.
- Lincolnshire Apprentices 1710-1808
There are more than 15,000 names in this collection.
- Lincolnshire Parish Apprentice Index
- Lincolnshire Police Roll of Honour
- Lost Pubs of Lincolnshire
Societies and Groups
- Lincolnshire Family History Society
The Lincolnshire Family History Society covers Holland, Kesteven and Lindsey, the three parts of the Historic County of Lincolnshire. Founded in 1990, the Society now has over 3000 members worldwide, and in the year 2000 the LFHS leased premises in central Lincoln as a research centre.
- Lincolnshire Pedigrees Vol. 1
- Lincolnshire Pedigrees Vol. 2
- Lincolnshire Pedigrees Vol. 3
- Lincolnshire Pedigrees Vol. 4
- Lincolnshire Surnames 1881
Wills and Probate
- Lincolnshire Will Abstracts
- Lincoln Wills 1505-1530
Registered in the district probate registry at Lincoln.