- Angus Archives
Located in a beautiful rural setting, Angus Archives is a treasure trove of 800 years of the history of Angus and its people. Our collections cover Arbroath, Brechin, Carnoustie, Forfar, Kirriemuir, Montrose, Monifieth and rural areas across Angus.
Births, Marriages & Deaths
This collection of BMDs and parish registers includes over 760,000 records from 1562-1855.
- Dundee & Forfarshire Electoral Registers
Was your ancestor eligible to vote? Search these 3 million records covering the years 1857 to 1939 to see their addresses and occupations.
- RootsChat Angus
Ask a question about your Angus (Forfarshire) ancestors or just browse the previous posts to see info and links to help with your research.
General Family History
- Old Scottish Angus
Many records for Angus listed by location.
- Genuki Angus
Has some links for Angus genealogy and local history.
Dundee historical directories includes the names, places of business, and residences of the principal inhabitants, lists of public institutions, banking and shipping companies, coaches and carriers.
- Dundee Directory 1809
- Dundee Directory 1818
- Dundee Directory and General Register 1834
- Dundee Directory 1837-1838
- Dundee Directory 1842-1843
- Dundee Directory 1850
- Dundee Directory 1874-1875
- Dundee Directory 1878-1879
- Dundee Directory 1884-1885
- Dundee Directory 1892-1893
- Dundee Directory 1897-1898
- Dundee Directory 1899-1900
- Dundee Directory 1904-1905
- Dundee Directory 1915-1916
- Dundee Directory 1933-1934
- Dundee Directory 1941-1942
- Forfarshire Directory 1887-1888
- Historical Angus Maps
A few old maps of Angus/Forfarshire
Schools & Education
- Dundee University Archives
The records cover the administrations of the institutions and the activities, both formal and informal, of staff and students.
- Tay Valley Family History Society
The society covers the Angus area and can help you with your research there.
- Angus Surnames List
This Angus Surname Interest List invites submissions from family historians and genealogists with specific interests in the county of Angus. Anyone may submit details of their interests, by e-mail.